When you have checked in your hold luggage all passengers have to go through a security check before getting to the departure lounge. When several flights are scheduled to leave at around the same time, passengers on the first flights will have priority when invited to go through security.
- Have your boarding card ready (magnetic, printed or on your mobile phone) and also your ID.
- Before you go through the security archway put all metal objects likely to set off the alarm into one of the trays available (cash, keys, mobile phone, belt ...).
If you have any medical implant or device sensitive to magnetic fields remember to bring a doctor's certificate with you and show it to the security officer before you pass through the archway.
- If the alarm sounds when you pass through the archway you may be asked to remove your shoes and your belt and you will be frisked. You may also be subjected to a hand-held scan by a device that detects metal (a magnetometer).
- Show the security officer :
Your cabin bags : travel bag, handbag
Jacket and coat
Laptops, cameras video cameras ... out of their cases
Any liquid, gel, paste or cream in a clear, re-sealable bag and also baby food
Liquid medication with a medical prescription in your name
- Spot checks: security officers are obliged by European regulations to carry out extra spot checks on passengers and baggage. So your baggage may be thoroughly searched and you may be frisked even though no alarm has been set off.
- After passing through security, check that you have not left any belongings behind.