- Practical information
- Professional area
- Who are we?
Transport of your luggage from the airport building into the hold of plane or with you into the cabin is subject to strict regulations in order to guarantee personal safety. You must comply with conditions laid down by the airlines. Check these carefully with your airline or your travel agent.
The following list is not exhaustive : for details of the conditions and restrictions for carrying various items and products and the latest regulations go to the paragraph For further Information.
Forbidden in the hold or in the cabin
Explosives, firearms and ammunition, inflammable liquids and corrosive products such as gas, petrol, etc.
Items for neutralising or incapacitating others, such as acids, personal protection devices projecting irritants or tear-gas, radioactive material, poisons, etc.
Forbidden in the cabin
-Firearms and imitation firearms,
-Knives and other cutting implements,
-Blunt instruments: baseball bats, skateboards, sticks, etc.,
-Chemical and biological substances,
-Liquids, aerosols, gels, and pastes in containers of more than 100ml (including drinks, mineral water, soup, perfume, lotions, creams, shower gel, shampoo, toothpaste, liquid soap, deodorant, liquid lip gloss, foundation, mascara, etc )
You may however:
- put them in the hold, taking care to put them in your luggage before registration
- take them in the cabin if:
• you stick carefully to the current regulations : they must be put together in a closed transparent plastic bag of no more than one litre capacity (20 x 20 cm, or 18 x 22 cm), as long as the packaging of each item is not more than 100 ml. capacity.
• you bought them in the duty-free which is found after the security check and the shop will put them in a sealed bag if necessary. Be careful however if you have a connecting flight.
• they are liquid medicines you need during the flight. You will need to present a prescription in your name,
• you are travelling with a young child and need baby food. Make sure you have re-sealable containers as the security officers can ask you to open them or taste them.
for further information
Regulations limiting liquid contained in cabin baggage
This is normally limited to 115 cm (total of height + width + length) on regular routes, but the dimensions and weight of cabin luggage may vary from airline to airline. The same is true for hold luggage. Before leaving, check with your airline especially if there is a connecting flight. They will tell you what their rules are in terms for size, weight and number of bags.
For further information please contact: 05 56 34 50 50 from France or +33 5 56 34 50 50 from abroad.
credit photo: APPA