Operating Boeing 737 aircrafts, the carrier will serve the Romanian capital city two times a week, each Wednesday and Saturday, throughout the summer schedule, and Thursday and Saturday, throughout the winter schedule.
Tudor Constantinescu, Chief Commercial Officer Blue Air, said: “We are happy to start operations on this new route, connecting Bordeaux to Romania’s capital. We are sure that it will be a popular route for both our business and leisure travellers.
Bucharest is a great destination for a city break, for young people that like to party, there are a lot of cafes and beautiful parks. Delicious food, friendly people and lots to see in Bucharest: from the second largest administrative building in the world (Palace of the Parliament) to the Old Town, filled with hundreds of little bars and clubs, open daily.”
Pascal Personne, Chairman of the Board, Bordeaux Airport: “Blue Air is the eleventh low-cost airline to join our platform, which further contributes to our development strategy for Eastern Europe. The Aquitaine region and Romania already cooperate on topics such as agriculture and health. We are therefore thrilled to now offer a direct flight to facilitate economic, touristic, and intercultural exchanges.”
Since its first operations began, the hybrid airline has transported over 17.4 million passengers, while it flew 3.6 million passengers last year alone, growing by 80% over 2015 figures. Moreover, following the addition of 33 new air services this year, Blue Air is forecast to handle an impressive 5 million passengers in 2017, by posting a double-digit growth of 39%.
About Blue Air:
Blue Air has been operating for 12 years, now offering flights to over 100 direct routes in Belgium, Cyprus, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Norway, Portugal,
Romania, Sweden, Spain and the United Kingdom. The company has eight operational bases, in Bucharest, Bacau, Cluj-Napoca, Constanta, Iasi, Larnaca, Liverpool and Turin.
Blue Air has received the certificate of IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA) from the International Air Transportation Association (IATA) for its outstanding operational standards and it is also a full IATA member.
Blue Air is operating a fleet of Boeing 737 aircrafts, with retrofitted interior with state of the art Recaro seats allowing passengers a better and more comfortable experience during their flight.
Blue Air destinations in 2017:
- From Bucharest to: Barcelona, Birmingham, Bologna, Bordeaux, Brussels, Castellon, Catania, Cluj-Napoca, Cologne Bonn, Copenhagen, Dublin, Florence, Glasgow, Hamburg, Helsinki, Iasi, Larnaca, Lisbon, Liverpool, London Luton, Lyon, Madrid, Malaga, Milan Linate, Naples, Nice, Oslo, Oradea, Paris Beauvais, Rome Fiumicino, Stockholm Arlanda, Stuttgart, Tel Aviv, Turin, Valencia.
- From Bacau to: Bologna, Brussels, Catania, Dublin, Liverpool, London Luton, Madrid, Milan Bergamo, Rome Fiumicino, Turin.
- From Cluj-Napoca to: Birmingham, Bucharest, Constanta, Dublin, Hamburg, Iasi, Larnaca, Liverpool, London Luton, Nice, Timisoara.
- From Constanta to: Brussels, Cluj-Napoca, Iasi, Milan Bergamo, Oradea, Paris Beauvais, Rome, Timisoara.
- From Iasi to: Barcelona, Brussels, Bucharest, Cluj-Napoca, Cologne Bonn, Florence, Glasgow, London Luton, Milan Bergamo, Munchen, Paris Beauvais, Rome Fiumicino, Timisoara, Torino, Valencia.
- From Larnaca to: Athens, Birmingham, Bucharest, Cluj-Napoca, Liverpool, London Luton, Thessaloniki.
- From Liverpool to: Alicante, Bacau, Bucharest, Cluj-Napoca, Larnaca, Milan Bergamo, Rome.
- From Sibiu to: Stuttgart.
- From Turin to: Alghero, Bacau, Berlin Tegel, Bucharest, Bari, Catania, Copenhagen, Iasi, Ibiza, Lamezia Terme, Lisbon, London Luton, Madrid, Malaga, Naples, Palma de Mallorca, Pescara, Rome Fiumicino, Seville, Trapani.