Bordeaux Airport: a vital economic force
- €6 billion for the regional economy
- €130 million in investments planned up to 2023, over 50% of which is self-financed by Bordeaux-Mérignac Airport SA
- More than 7,600 jobs created in the airport, 200 of them at Bordeaux-Mérignac Airport SA
- 94 entities (businesses, shops, industrial operators, public organisations)
A comprehensive approach to the environment
- 100% of electricity used comes from renewable sources.
- Nearly 75% of waste is converted into energy.
- More than 90% of drinking water is from the airport’s own sources.
- Nearly 700 homes have been soundproofed by Bordeaux-Mérignac Airport SA, with financial assistance from airlines.
A rapidly developing major infrastructure base
- 850 hectares of airport grounds.
- 2 intersecting runways.
- 3 terminals: Hall A, Hall B, Terminal billi.
- 39 departure gates.
A fast-growing number of destinations and passengers
- 113 destinations and 163 direct flights.
- 31 countries accessible on direct flights.
- 7.7 million passengers.
- 34 airlines.
- 25,145 tonnes of freight.
Constantly developing passenger services
- 2 departure lounges (Hall B / Air France, Hall A).
- 30,000+ passengers with disabilities or reduced mobility assisted yearly.
- 10 eateries.
- 9 vehicle rental companies.
- 4 retail corners.
- Our services: valet parking, currency exchange, bag wrapping, meeting room hire, WiFi across the site, children’s play area and more.