The summer season has just begun at Bordeaux Airport with a whole range of new possibilities! A total of 126 direct routes are now available to 96 different destinations, including 19 new routes and 7 brand new destinations operated by 30 airline companies. From Tel Aviv to Warsaw and from Riga to Calvi, Bordeaux Airport has plenty to offer this summer, with even more connections to major international hubs and an increased point-to-point network of main European capitals and holiday resorts.
19 new routes and 7 brand new destinations
Internationalisation of the network and development of intercontinental hubs.
In 2017, more than 3 million passengers travelled on international routes from Bordeaux. This summer, 80% of new routes are international ones. 75% of our 96 scheduled destinations are situated abroad.
With 13 intercontinental hubs now accessible from Bordeaux, these major airports continue to grow, connecting Bordeaux with new destinations all over the world:
- Lufthansa Group has strengthened its presence in Bordeaux, providing access to a hundred or so connections. There are now daily flights to Frankfurt, as well as Zurich, the group’s second biggest hub (12 weekly flights operated by SWISS). Finally, Brussels Airlines has increased capacity on the Brussels route by 25%, adding a sixth weekly rotation.
- Air Transat has added a third flight rotation with Montreal, providing quick connections to Quebec, Toronto and Vancouver.
- Aer Lingus is making it easier to reach the United States via Dublin, with fast connections to no less than 10 North American cities: New York, Chicago, Hartford, Boston, Philadelphia, Washington, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Miami. As a bonus, the airline proposes American immigration formalities to passengers in transit at Dublin, for smoother arrival in the United States.
And this is the first summer for flights to Düsseldorf in Germany, with 3 weekly flights operated by Air France.
The low-cost boom continues
13 of these new destinations are operated by low-cost airlines, representing 70% of new flights for the 2018 summer season. In total, 12 low-cost airlines fly to 78 destinations from Bordeaux.
- easyJet opened its new Bordeaux base on 28 March. With 3 Airbus A320 aircraft permanently based here, the airline accounts for a total of 2.4 million seats available from Bordeaux in 2018, with 9 new destinations launching this summer: Bastia, Catania, Heraklion, Luxembourg, Ibiza, London Southend, Rhodes and Tel Aviv.
- Volotea, whose Bordeaux base celebrated its 5th anniversary at the end of February, operates 29 destinations and launches 3 new routes this summer: Funchal, Minorca and Cagliari.
- After just one year of operations on the Bordeaux-Budapest link, Wizz Air, the biggest low-cost airline in Central and Eastern Europe, pursues its development with the launch of a flight to Warsaw on Wednesdays and Sundays.
2 new companies take their place on Bordeaux runways
- SWISS, a Lufthansa Group airline, flies to Zurich with the Bombardier CS100, a newgeneration aircraft reputed for its high level of comfort, cost-effectiveness and low environmental impact.
- Air Baltic, the main airline of the Baltic regions, will fly to Riga, the Latvian capital, from 3 June on Thursdaysand Sundays. This company was recognised as being one of the world’s most punctual airlines in 2017. The flight will provide numerous links with the Baltic, as well as Scandinavia and Russia.
17 charter destinations from Bordeaux Airport
In addition to 126 scheduled flights, the summer programme proposes 17 charters. More information available at travel agencies.
Pour bien préparer son voyage, il est conseillé aux passagers de consulter le site de l’aéroport, bordeaux.aeroport.fr, pour suivre toutes les actualités des lignes, les horaires et informations utiles, réserver un billet d’avion, une place de parking, l’accès du salon Hall A avant l’embarquement ou encore découvrir l’ensemble du programme des vols 2018.
Prepare properly for your journey by consulting the airport website, bordeaux.aeroport.fr, to get the latest flight news, schedules and practical information, or to book a flight, parking space or pre-boarding access to the lounge in Hall A, or to find out more about our 2018 programme.