At only 2h45 by direct flight from Bordeaux, succumb to the call of the Little Mermaid and explore Copenhagen for a weekend and discover the must-sees of the city. Architecture, discoveries, delicacies and "Hygge", the Danish capital is one of the most seductive in Europe.
3 days in Copenhagen
Follow the guide!
- Discover the Rosenborg Slot, the former royal summer residence and its sumptuous garden.
- Succumb to the call of the Little Mermaid, waiting for you on her rock, caressed by the harbor wind.
- Be at 12:00 (sharp!) at Amalienborg for the changing of the guard: an unavoidable ritual of the Danish monarchy.
- Explore the Statens Museum, Denmark's national museum of fine arts.
- Take a stroll through Norrebro where antiques and design stores mix!
- Take a breath of fresh air around Sortedam Dossering lake.
- Discover Højbro Plads, the old market place of Copenhagen and Gammel Strand, the old fish market with red facades and white lined windows.
- Visit the Thorvaldsens Museum where Bertel Thorvaldsens' sculptures are displayed at their best.
- Take a look at the modern royal library with its beautiful black granite extension.
- Immortalize your visit to Copenhagen by wandering around Nyhavn, its famous old port.
- Stroll in Strøget, the main pedestrian street of the city where shopping addicts will find their happiness! It is in this area that you can also climb Rundetarn, the famous round tower of Copenhagen, which will offer you a superb view of the city.
- End your day in one of the oldest amusement parks in the world: the Tivoli Garden. The atmosphere is magical at nightfall!
- Visit the Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek museum to discover Egyptian, Greek, Roman antiquities and Danish paintings and sculptures.
- Venture to the top of the spiral tower of Vor Frelsers Kirke to admire Copenhagen.
- Wander through Christiania, a hippie neighborhood built on a former military field.
- Walk around the different islands of the Holmen district, the former port of the royal navy for almost 300 years.
Our best addresses in Copenhagen for food addicts
For crazy brunches in Copenhagen
For a typical Danish cuisine in Copenhagen
- Kanal Caféen : simple, fresh, tasty and typically Danish for a typical lunch or dinner.
- Tårnet : Nestled at the top of the tower of Christianborg Castle, discover this restaurant which offers a refined and revisited iodized Danish cuisine
- Koedoed : a traditional and tasty gastronomy to live the Hygge.
The best burgers in Copenhagen
- Gasoline Grill : eating a -excellent- burger in an old gas station tempt anyone?
- Cocks and Cow : opt for the burger & cocktail combo, you won't be disappointed!
- Sliders : generous and tasty burgers made with love and quality products. The restaurant proposes in more a room of karaoke, one says that, one says nothing...