A strategic location for businesses
Bordeaux Airport is in a strategic location for businesses wanting to set up in the region’s most economically significant area.
Mérignac is a dynamic location, with 7 business parks and plenty of offices, as well as more than 1,300 new businesses in 2017 that have generated 55,000 jobs. We have more than 100 business in the Airport, and 7000 people help to keep them open.
The Airport is near to the city of Bordeaux and accessible via public transport and the local bypass, but it will soon attract even more footfall thanks to a number of major development projects. These will include seven hectares of land dedicated to office and hotel space, as part of our “45th Paralle” operation; a tram and high-performance bus line; and improved traffic flows via the “Technological Boulevard” and other new access routes.
The Airport has a diversified, competitive commercial range which caters to both the growth needs of businesses already based on site, and the needs of companies looking to set up there. Projects are actively supported and available spaces include:
- areas leading to runways (12 hectares), highly visible areas on Avenue Roland Garros (10 hectares), and industrial areas (20 hectares);
- a 5,600 m² building exclusively designed for industrial production;
- a 500 m2 freight warehouse;
- offices from 15 m² to 160 m².
Selection criteria and required documents
- a brief description of the business and what it does;
- a description of the project, planned activities and, if applicable, aircraft types;
- a 3-year business plan;
- a presentation of how the company is structured financially (how shares are distributed among the various shareholders or associates);
- compliance-certified, up-to-date financial statements;
- proof of the company’s legal status;
- an excerpt from the company’s Kbis (a French legal document that proves the company is registered as a business).
Property and Retail Service