The new international pier of Bordeaux Airport was inaugurated on Thursday, October 7 by Simon DRESCHEL, Chairman of the Board of the Airport Company.
This new international pier is certified High Environmental Quality for its design, focused on the comfort of users and the control of the environmental impact of the building and its activities. In particular, it has:
- 3000m2 of new buildings and 4 aircraft stands
- a large corridor linking it directly to Hall A
- 2,000m2 of passenger areas, including 1,160m2 dedicated to waiting
- shops (duty-free, restaurants, terraces, etc.)
- special glazing on the facade, insulating against aircraft noise, to combine solar protection and natural light
- CO2 sensors to regulate airflow
As part of the airport modernization plan, focused on its quality of service and ecological transition, and in the context of multiple projects, particularly energy management, this building erected on the airside, at the bottom of the emblematic control tower, is the first HQE© infrastructure of Bordeaux Airport. The certificate awarded to the new building at the "excellent" level, reflects environmental and energy performance corresponding to the best current practices. Its annual energy consumption is 11% lower than that of an airport that complies with the most recent thermal regulations.